Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday's Obituary - Ellen Creeden

  Mrs. Ellen Creeden, wife of Timothy Creeden, died yesterday morning at her home, a short distance north of this village. She was 65 years of age. A husband and seven children are left to mourn ?. The funeral will be held from Sts Peter and Paul Church, Reading. Wednesday morning.

This obituary was published in the Cincinnati Enquirer on July 7, 1891 under a heading of news for Lockland, Ohio. The scan is from Newspapers.com. Ellen would have been born around 1826 if her age is correct in the obituary. I've wondered if her husband Timothy Creeden was related to my Creedens. I've seen a picture of him on several Ancestry.com trees and the resemblance to my Timothy Creeden is pretty remarkable. Ellen's husband would've been about the right age to be a brother or cousin to my Timothy's father Patrick Creedan. I'd love to hear from anyone researching Ellen and Timothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment